BluePath is a community of consumers and businesses trying to make it a little easier for everyone to get around. To help BluePath grow quickly and reach as many areas as possible, BluePath users can submit content in the form of business listings, reviews, tips, messages, and more.
We’ve had a lot of great submissions thus far, and if we can all follow their examples, then BluePath can continue to grow into a very powerful resource for consumers and businesses alike.
Here are a few guidelines for playing nice on BluePath:
Listings and Profiles
In order to keep BluePath current, both businesses and consumers have the ability to add and edit details of a business listing.
We expect information that is submitted to be honest, clear, and helpful to the BluePath community.
- Inappropriate content: Colorful language and imagery is fine, but there’s no need for threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, and other displays of bigotry.
- Promotional content: The description on a business profile is not the place to advertise this weekend’s sale. Try to include information about the atmosphere, products and services offered, history, etc.
- Intellectual property: Own the content you place on a business profile. Don’t swipe images from other sites or users.
Reviews help consumers find businesses that are accessible to their situation, and they help businesses know where access issues exist within their business. Try to write reviews that help us all.
- Keep it personal. Reviews should represent your personal experience.
- Keep it objective. It’s okay to be happy or disappointed with a business, but try to make the review helpful for the next person. In the event of a bad experience, offer suggestions to help the business address the situation. Act like you’re pulling for them, because we’re all in this together.
- Keep it relevant. Political, religious, or social commentary should be left out.
- Keep it legal. Content can not endorse or promote illegal or harmful activity or violence, or is profane, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, threatening, or discriminatory.
- Keep it private. Avoid content that refers to a dispute currently being mediated. If you ever run into a situation where you are unable to contact a business about an issue, please contact BluePath privately. We’d love to help you get your issue resolved.